- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 swordfish steaks, 1-inch thick (about 2 lbs)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the lemon-basil butter:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced (about 1/2 clove)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high heat.
- Cut each swordfish steak in half, drizzle with lemon juice and let stand for 1 minute.
- Rub both sides of each steak with olive oil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt and basil in a small bowl and combine well. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Oil the grill grates and add the fish.
- Grill the swordfish steaks until opaque throughout, 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes per side. To avoid drying out the fish, do not leave unattended.
- Top each piece of fish with about 1 tablespoon of the lemon-basil butter just as it comes off the grill.
- Allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.